Stay up to date with all of the latest Government guidance and what you can and cannot do at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust Guidance:
Information about the virus
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
The symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are usually mild, but some people can become very unwell. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms. More information at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For local coronavirus information, please visit your local council
- Burnley Borough Council
- Hyndburn Borough Council
- Pendle Borough Council
- Ribble Valley Borough Council
- Rossendale Borough Council
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Check the NHS website for more information on coronavirus.